2019 Movers and shakers Entertainment & media brands
of Americans preferred listening to songs on Pandora the most in 2019
of Americans continued to binge-watch Netflix last year
of Americans tuned in to Fox News the most followed closely by ABC News
With 2019 coming to end, Piplsay (powered by Market Cube) decided to ask Americans nation-wide about their favorite entertainment and media brands for the year. About 44,168 Americans participated in our survey and voted for their choices. Entertainment and media brands like Netflix, Spotify, Fox News, etc. can leverage this data in their decision making.
A lot happened in the world of entertainment and media in 2019. While the streaming world continued to experience a huge uptick, the television industry struggled with declining viewerships and ad revenues. But through it all, there were a few brands that managed to stay on top of consumers’ minds.
With the new year having just begun, let’s take a look at the brands that rocked their way in 2019. Here’s 44,168 Americans picking their favorites.
- Pandora was the top music app for people in New York, LA and Chicago
- YouTube Music’s popularity (23%) was way ahead of other apps in San Francisco; YouTube TV (16%) was the second most popular OTT platform
- Netflix was by far the most popular OTT platform in both Atlanta (30%) and Chicago (22%)
- Disney Plus(10%) was the second most popular OTT platform in Los Angeles after Netflix (31%)
- ABC News (17%) was the most popular channel in San Francisco, but it was one of the least popular in Los Angeles (10%)
- Fox News (17%) was the most popular channel in Atlanta, while MSNBC was the least favorite of the “big three” networks in New York
Survey Methodology: This Piplsay survey (powered by Market Cube) was conducted nationwide in the US in the month of December 2020. We received 44,168 responses from individuals aged 18 years and older.